If you are planning to sell or serve liquor at a one-time special occasion such as a social, charity fundraiser or wedding reception, you need a social occasion liquor permit. A permit is needed anytime liquor is offered for sale or served anywhere other than in a licensed establishment or in a private residence.

If you are planning to have a raffle such as a 50/50 or player’s choice draw at your event, and you are already applying for a liquor permit, you simply need to indicate on the application if you are holding a raffle. There is no extra charge to apply for a raffle licence and no financial reporting is required. Click here for information about social occasion raffles.

You can apply for a social occasion liquor permit:

  • online at MyLGCA.ca
  • at the LGCA Winnipeg office located at 1055 Milt Stegall Drive

Processing times vary and are based on a variety of factors outside our control. It's recommended you apply at least four weeks before your event.