How to apply
You can apply for a social occasion raffle licence at MyLGCA.ca.
As of July 2, 2020, a MyLGCA.ca account is required for social occasion raffle licence applications.
NOTE: To ask for accessibility accommodation when making an application, contact the LGCA's Gaming Licensing department by phone at 204-927-5300 or by Manitoba only toll-free phone 1-800-782-0363.
Click here for information about social occasion liquor permits.
The LGCA licenses raffles to make sure that it is legal for Manitobans to participate. You need a licence for any raffle that features a cost or consideration to play, a chance to win and a prize offered.
Individuals and groups who are holding a one-time social event at a public place of amusement such as a banquet hall, restaurant, bar or community centre, are eligible to apply for a social occasion raffle licence. The types of raffles typically licensed for a social occasion include 50/50, player's choice, and more.
There is no charge to apply for the social occasion raffle licence and no financial reporting is required. Your application will be processed in approximately two to three business days after we receive it.
Your social occasion raffle licence allows you to hold your raffle with the following requirements:
- The amount or value of each prize awarded must not exceed $500.
- Each ticket must not be sold for more than $2.
- Revenue from each draw must not exceed $10,000.
- The raffle must be held at a one-time social event at a public place of amusement.
- All ticket sales, draws and prize awards must take place at the event.
- Cannabis cannot be given as a prize.