The LGCA licenses all participants in thoroughbred horse racing in Manitoba. To become licensed, you must submit a horse racing participant licence application to the LGCA for approval. A non-refundable fee must be included with your application submission.
INFORMATION FOR THOROUGHBRED HORSE RACING PARTICIPANTS
The horse racing participant licence application asks for factual information such as your name, prior employment, financial history, criminal charges, and any criminal convictions.
You must be honest in your application. The LGCA conducts background investigations on all applications as part of the licensing process. Failing to disclose complete and relevant information in the application forms will result in a more detailed investigation, longer processing time, and the possible denial of a licence. Investigations that include criminal charges, bankruptcies and civil proceedings do not automatically result in the denial of a licence.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
All licensed horse racing participants must comply with the terms and conditions, regulations and rules of racing set by the LGCA.
- TERMS AND CONDITIONS - Horse Racing Participant Licence - General
- TERMS AND CONDITIONS - Horse Racing Participant Licence - Owner
- TERMS AND CONDITIONS - Horse Racing Participant Licence - Trainer
- TERMS AND CONDITIONS - Horse Racing Participant Licence - Jockey
- TERMS AND CONDITIONS - Horse Racing Participant Licence - Jockey Agent
- RULES OF RACING - Thoroughbred
Organizational and operational structures must be applied for and approved by the LGCA. These include applications for registration to operate as a partnership, stable name or to appoint an authorized agent.
Racing colours must be registered each racing season.
APPPLICATION AND REGISTRATION FORMS
- FORM: Horse racing participant licence application
- FORM: Appointment of authorized agent
- FORM: Registration of colours
- FORM: Registration of partnership
- FORM: Registration of stable name
A non-refundable fee must be submitted when applying for a licence.
How to calculate the fee for a licence application
When applying for one licence type, the fee listed for that licence type is the required fee. When applying for more than one licence type, the required fee is the fee for the licence type having the highest dollar value fee among all licence types for which are being applied.
Licences and registrations approved by the LGCA for the 2022 live racing season must be renewed and applied for each racing season thereafter.