On October 17, 2018, The Liquor, Gaming and Cannabis Control Act came into force. This legislation set the framework for Manitoba’s cannabis retail model and added the regulation of cannabis stores and distributors to the LGCA's regulatory responsibilities. This new legislation focuses on 21st century expectations for consumer choice, social responsibility, public safety and red tape reduction as the cornerstones of modern regulation.
The LGCA's regulatory authority was expanded on April 1, 2022 to include horse racing with the proclamation of The Horse Racing Modernization Act. This Act repealed the Horse Racing Commission Act and eliminated the Manitoba Horse Racing Commission.
Regulations under The Liquor, Gaming and Cannabis Control Act (click each one to view):
- Cannabis Regulation 120/2018
- Gaming Regulation 62/2014
- Horse Racing Regulation 40/2022
- Licensing and Appeals Regulation 63/2014
- Liquor Licensing Regulation 61/2014
- Liquor, Gaming and Cannabis Regulation 82/2014
- Miscellaneous Liquor Provisions Regulation 64/2014
- Non-Potable Intoxicating Substances, Stomach Bitters and Rubbing Alcohol Regulation 65/2014
- Pari-Mutuel Levy Regulation 22/2022
- Social Occasion and Special Sale Permits Regulation 66/2014
- Transitional Regulation 83/2014