On June 5, 2018, The Safe and Responsible Retailing of Cannabis Act received royal assent. This Bill sets the framework for Manitoba’s cannabis retail model and creates the LGCA by adding the regulation of stores and distributors to the regulatory responsibilities of the former Liquor and Gaming Authority of Manitoba.
Until this new legislation is proclaimed, The Liquor and Gaming Control Act and corresponding regulations continue to be in force to create Manitoba's liquor and gaming regulatory framework. Like this current framework, the new legislation continues to focus on 21st century expectations for consumer choice, social responsibility, public safety and red tape reduction as the cornerstones of modern regulation.
Regulations under The Liquor and Gaming Control Act (click each one to view):
- Cannabis Regulation 120/2018
- Gaming Regulation 62/2014
- Licensing and Appeals Regulation 63/2014
- Licensing and Appeals Regulation, amendment - Cannabis 121/2018
- Liquor Licensing Regulation 61/2014
- Liquor and Gaming Regulation 82/2014
- Miscellaneous Liquor Provisions Regulation 64/2014, and Miscellaneous Liquor Provisions Regulation, amendment (May 2015)
- Non-Potable Intoxicating Substances, Stomach Bitters and Rubbing Alcohol Regulation 65/2014
- Social Occasion and Special Sale Permits Regulation 66/2014
- Transitional Regulation 83/2014