On June 5, 2018, The Safe and Responsible Retailing of Cannabis Act received royal assent. This Bill sets the framework for Manitoba’s cannabis retail model and creates the LGCA by adding the regulation of stores and distributors to the regulatory responsibilities of the former Liquor and Gaming Authority of Manitoba.
Cannabis will be integrated into the LGCA's regulatory structure, thereby benefiting from our expertise in licensing, enforcement, consumer safety and social responsibility for Manitoba's liquor and gaming industries. The LGCA is well-positioned for legal cannabis retail stores to be licensed to open on October 17, 2018.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Cannabis retailers must comply with the terms and conditions set by the LGCA.
- TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Retail Cannabis - General
- TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Retail Cannabis - Age-Restricted Store
- TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Retail Cannabis - Controlled-Access Store
- TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Retail Cannabis - Employee Delivery
- STANDARDS: Retail Cannabis - Third Party Delivery
Watch here for more details as legalization approaches.