As of October 17, 2018, Manitobans aged 19 years and older can purchase cannabis from licensed retailers in Manitoba.
LEGAL CANNABIS STORES IN MANITOBA
The LGCA has licensed the following stores, which may stock and sell cannabis legally. Licensed stores can also offer online and telephone sales. Check with stores for their opening times.
- Tweed, 2705 Victoria Avenue
- Tokyo Smoke, 628 - 18th Street
- Tweed, 1450 Main Street South
- Meta Cannabis Supply Co., 79 Keeshkeemaquah Drive
Opaskwayak Cree Nation:
- Meta Cannabis Supply Co., Otineka Mall
- Delta 9 Cannabis, Unit 1 - 827 Dakota Street
- Meta Cannabis Supply Co., Unit 23 - 584 Pembina Highway
- Tokyo Smoke, Unit 101 - 264 McDermot Avenue
- Tokyo Smoke, 55B Goulet Street
- Tokyo Smoke, Unit 2 - 437 Stradbrook Avenue
- Tweed, 120 Osborne Street
- Tweed, 1592 Regent Avenue
Other prospective cannabis retailers are working toward getting stores ready to open. Obtaining a cannabis retail licence from the LGCA, which will allow them to legally sell cannabis in Manitoba, is one of the final steps to be ready to open. Stores have to have their physical set-up (e.g. security system, cannabis storage and display) and other government approvals (e.g. municipal occupancy permit) in place before the LGCA can issue a licence.
The LGCA is mindful that October 17 is day one of legalization and expects to be licensing the first phase of retail stores over the course of several months. While the LGCA understands that there is a lot of interest and curiosity in Manitoba's retail stores, prospective retailers are private business operators who are working within their own plans and retail store schedules.
While the LGCA cannot provide information on prospective stores, we will continue to update the list above as we issue licences.
Health Canada’s existing medical cannabis program will remain in place following legalization of non-medical cannabis. For more information on purchasing medical cannabis, please visit the Government of Canada.