I’ve written the cheque to top up our float. Now how do I report this on the financial report?

The only difference between this transaction and any other is that there is no deposit amount. In the “Calculated Deposit” column on page 1, you will be showing your “Calculated Loss”. Also, instead of an “Actual Deposit”, you will record an “Actual Withdrawal”, which is the amount of the cheque that you wrote to top up the float. This cheque should not be recorded anywhere else on the financial report; your report will not balance if you record it on the cheque register.