As of October 17, 2018, the Criminal Code (Canada) and Manitoba’s laws will change to let people buy and consume cannabis legally. As a result, Manitobans 19+ will be able to legally:
- purchase fresh or dried cannabis and cannabis oil from a licensed cannabis store;
- possess up to 30 grams of dried legal cannabis or its equivalent in public;
- share up to 30 grams (or its equivalent) of legal cannabis and legal cannabis products with other adults 19+;
- smoke and vape cannabis at home, including their yard; and
- prepare varying types of cannabis products (e.g., oils, teas and edibles) at home for personal use provided that no dangerous organic solvents are used in the process and the products are not sold to others.